Paul M. Jones, Jr., Attorney at Law
Paul Jones is the founder and owner of Paul Jones Law, LLC. Paul focuses his practice on real estate tax appeals, exemptions and incentives in Indiana and Ohio. He primarily represents developers and owners of real estate, including retail, office, multi-family housing, hotels, gaming facilities and other commercial buildings in the Midwest. Over the course of his career, he has obtained millions of dollars in tax savings for his clients.
In Indiana, Paul represents clients before county assessors, county property tax assessment boards of appeal (PTABOAs), the Indiana Board of Tax Review, the Indiana Tax Court and the Indiana Supreme Court. In Ohio, Paul represents clients before county auditors, county boards of revision (BORs), the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court.
Paul also assists clients with tax credits and incentives, including New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC), and property tax abatements and deductions. Paul also has experience representing clients before the Indiana Department of State Revenue and all levels of the Internal Revenue Service. He frequently speaks at conferences and seminars about property tax matters, community and economic development, and tax incentives. Prior to founding Paul Jones Law, LLC, Paul was a partner in Ice Miller LLP’s Tax Group and oversaw the firm’s property tax practice.
Paul is a past board member of Near North Development Corporation, the Decatur Township Educational Foundation, and the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs Alumni Association. His pro bono efforts focus on assisting nonprofits and community development corporations with corporate governance and tax matters.
Paul received his bachelor of science in public affairs, with distinction, from Indiana University, Bloomington in 1998. He earned his juris doctorate from Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, graduating magna cum laude in 2001. While in law school, he was an Associate Editor of the Indiana Law Review and a Program on Law and State Government Fellow.
Paul is admitted to practice law in Indiana and Ohio.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2009, 2013, 2014, & 2015
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- IPT (June 2016)
- Indiana Housing Conference (September 2015)
- Ohio Tax Conference (January 2015)
- Indiana Statewide Housing Conference (September 2014)
- Indiana Affordable Housing Coalition (July 2014)
- Council of Development Finance Agencies (November 2012)
- Indianapolis Coalition of Neighborhood Development (May 2012)
- Council of Development Dinance Agencies (August 2011)
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce Tax Seminar (October 2010)